How Chiropractic Works
How Chiropractic Helps Your Animal
- The bones of the spine and joints are maintained in a specific alignment
- The nerves which surround each joint and the vertebral articulation are in constant communication with the central nervous system, brain and all the organs.
- When even a subtle change in the alignment occurs, it is called a subluxation.
- Subluxations affect the nervous system, local muscles, joints and even distant organs, glands, and body functions.
Will an Adjustment Hurt?
- Most animals accept both the exam and adjustment without signs of pain.
- When a painful area is found, the doctor will use the gentlest techniques to reduce pain before delivering and adjustment.
- In cases of acute or extreme pain, the doctor will often delay the complete adjustment until your animal can be relaxed.
What Can I Expect After an Adjustment?
- Many animals will show immediate improvement.
- Sometimes there is a 24–48-hour period of tiredness.
- Some animals require a few sessions to resolve acute pain.
- Often, with chronic health problems, the doctor will want to see your animal several times to maintain and re-establish normal function of the joints and nervous system.